ImageGear .NET - Updated
getTag Method

ImageGear.Web.Isis Library > ImageGear.Web.Isis Namespace > ImGearIsisScanner class : getTag Method
Gets the current value of an ISIS tag.
Syntax
ASP.NET Ajax Javascript (Specification) 
function getTag( 
   tagID : number(Integer),
   index : number(Integer),
   callback : function
) : ImGearIsisOperationStatus;
ASP.NET Ajax Javascript (Usage) 
var resultVar = instanceOfImGearIsisScanner.getTag(number(Integer),number(Integer),function);

Parameters

tagID
The ID of the tag.
index
The index to use, for tags that contain multiple values. If the tag contains only a single value, this must be 0.
callback
Callback which is called when the tag is retrieved.

Return Value

Example

The JavaScript code below demonstrates how to get a scanner ISIS tag, where pageSizeSelect is an HTML select element:

function getTagCallback(tagID, tagType, choices, tagValue, status) {
    if (status.get_status() !== ImageGear.Web.Isis.ImGearIsisStatus.Completed) {
        alert(status.get_statusMessage());
    }

var pageSizeSelect = document.getElementById("pageSizeSelect");
    // The page sizes are provided as strings. The choices argument contains properties for getting the list of strings, integers, or numerators and
    // denominators or the minimum, maximum, and step values for a range of integers or numerators and denominators. The tagValue argument contains
    // properties for getting the current string value, integer value, or numerator and denominator values. You can check the tagType argument to
    // determine if the tag values are string, integer, or rational. You can check the choiceKind property of the choices argument to determine if
    // the tag values are provided as a range or in a list. See the ASP .NET ISIS sample for more code that demonstrates accessing the getTag callback
    // arguments for different tags.
    var stringList = choices.get_stringList();
    for (var i = 0; i < stringList.get_length(); i++) {
        var tagString = stringList.getTagString(i);
        var option = document.createElement("option");
        option.text = tagString;
        pageSizeSelect.add(option, null);
    }
}

scannerSession.get_scanner().getTag(ImageGear.Web.Isis.ImGearIsisTag.PageSize, 0, getTagCallback);
Remarks

This is an asynchronous method.

The scanner must be set before calling this method.

For more information on ISIS tags, refer to the ISIS Tags topic.

See Also

Reference

ImGearIsisScanner class
ImGearIsisScanner Members