This section describes the available page manipulation functionality and methods.
RasterMaster Java allows for page manipulation of a supported file format and saves it with original page formatting. Page manipulation of documents is at a page-by-page level, such as deleting pages, moving pages, adding pages, and creating new documents from pages of other documents. Page content remains the same and preserves the formatting.
The ordering of the pages may be changed and pages may be added or removed. Pages of a searchable PDF that are reordered may be saved as a searchable PDF. New documents can be created by moving or copying pages of other documents. You can create a new document with pages copied from other documents. Every document that can be paginated is capable of page manipulation.
This feature includes the The VectorPDF Page Manipulation sample code sample. This sample demonstrate show to delete, extract, and append pages to and from a vector PDF file without causing additional pages in that vectorPDF to changed into vector pages because of those manipulations. Pages being appended to vectorPDFs can be vector or non vector pages.
Page Manipulation Functionality
The Page Manipulation functionality can be used in the following scenarios:
- To remove pages, such as blank pages, duplicate pages, or pages irrelevant to the document.
- To add pages. Separator pages can be added between sections, or pages for notes which are subsequently written on using annotations.
- To reorder pages. If the original document’s pages were scanned in the incorrect order, they can be rearranged. Also, the document’s pages can be rearranged to place more relevant pages first.
- To copy pages. Similar to reorder pages, some pages may be copied and placed first in the document leaving the rest of the document in its original form.
- To rotate pages. In some cases, pages may be scanned with the wrong orientation. This allows the orientation to be fixed. A page in landscape orientation may be rotated within an otherwise portrait-oriented document. Please note that rotating pages changes searchable PDF pages into non-searchable rasterized PDF pages.
- To create new documents. New documents can be created from pages of other documents either copied or moved.
For the full SDK reference, please see the RasterMaster Java API.
IMGLOW_rotate_page(byte , int, int )
IMG_save_bitmap(int, int, int, int)
IMGLOW_append_page(DataInputStream, byte, int)
IMGLOW_append_page(String, byte, int)
IMGLOW_delete_page(String, int, int)
IMGLOW_delete_page(DataInputStream, int, int)
IMGLOW_detect_blank_page(int, char, int, int, int, int, char, char)
IMGLOW_extract_page(java.io.DataInputStream, int, int)
IMGLOW_extract_page(String, int, int)
Have questions, corrections, or concerns about this topic? Please let us know!