PrizmDoc Server .NET SDK
Part of the larger PrizmDoc Viewer product, PrizmDoc Server is a powerful document processing engine which hosts a set of low-level document processing REST APIs. While you could use these REST APIs directly, it requires quite a bit of effort. This library, the PrizmDoc Server .NET SDK, is a wrapper around the PrizmDoc Server REST APIs, making it easy to use PrizmDoc Server functionality in .NET.
You can use this library with any deployment of PrizmDoc Server, whether it's your own self-hosted deployment or Accusoft's cloud-hosted offering. Simply construct an instance of PrizmDocServerClient with the information about how to connect to PrizmDoc Server and start using any of the document-processing methods to do things like:
- Convert documents to PDF, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, or SVG
- Combine documents to PDF or TIFF
- Extract pages from documents
- Split and merge pages from various documents
- Create thumbnail images for document pages
- Apply headers and footers to documents
- Perform OCR to produce a text-searchable PDF
- Automatically identify text to be redacted by regex
- Redact to PDF or plain text
- Burn-in annotations to PDF
See the How To Guides for more information.
1. Get Access to a PrizmDoc Server Deployment
Before you can get started with this SDK, you'll need access to a PrizmDoc Server deployment. There are two ways to do that:
- Sign up for a free PrizmDoc Cloud account and use Accusoft's cloud-hosted PrizmDoc Server (easiest way to get started).
- Become a PrizmDoc Viewer customer and host PrizmDoc Server yourself.
2. Add the PrizmDoc Server .NET SDK NuGet Package
To use the SDK, add the
Accusoft.PrizmDocServerSDK NuGet package to your
dotnet add package Accusoft.PrizmDocServerSDK
3. Construct a PrizmDocServerClient
Construct a new PrizmDocServerClient, specifying how to connect to your PrizmDoc Server.
If you're using PrizmDoc Cloud, just provide the base URL and your API key:
var prizmDocServer = new PrizmDocServerClient("https://api.accusoft.com", "YOUR_API_KEY");
If you're using your own, self-hosted PrizmDoc Server, just provide the base URL:
var prizmDocServer = new PrizmDocServerClient("http://localhost:18681");
4. Start Processing Some Documents!
This SDK is only designed to do server-side document processing with PrizmDoc Server. It is not intended to support document viewing (for viewing, see the "Getting Started with Document Viewing" guide in the PrizmDoc Viewer product documentation).
There are some PrizmDoc Server REST APIs which this SDK does not yet expose:
The source for this library is available on GitHub.